This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to the Terms of Service. Your use of OOHLALA Mobile Services and any personal information you provide on our Services remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and the Terms of Service.
Important disclosures and consents
- Unlimited Data and messaging plans are recommended for our Services. For some services, we require the use of SMS text messages. Standard data and messaging charges and taxes from your carrier apply.
- We collect, maintain, use, and display your personal data and the geographic location of your mobile device (we call this location fix of your device “location information” or “geo-location”) to provide our Services.
- By using the OOHLALA Mobile Services, you have consented to: (1) the use of your device's location to provide our services including relevant advertisements, and the display of that location information to your friends on OOHLALA Mobile and within your geo-tagged messages and content; (2) receive text messages and emails; and (3) pay carrier data, messaging, and other fees resulting from OOHLALA Mobile usage.
- The OOHLALA mobile Services default privacy settings are set for the way that most Users use the services: we save your password for the mobile applications, your mobile device's geo-location is updated automatically, and that location information may be displayed to your friends on OOHLALA Mobile even when OOHLALA Mobile is not open and running on your device. Changing these settings is easy - just select 'Profile' on the OOHLALA Mobile application.
- Please note that any personal information you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be read, collected, and used by others and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. OOHLALA Mobile is not responsible for the information that you choose to disclose publicly on or through the OOHLALA Mobile Services.
The information we collect
- Registration information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as mobile phone number, your name, email address, date of birth, password, etc.) when subscribing to the OOHLALA Mobile Services.
- Profile information: When using the OOHLALA Mobile Services you provide certain other personal information and content - such as event times and locations, interests and hobbies, age, gender, sexual orientation, school, etc. - that may be publicly displayed to other Users and on third-party sites and services (for example, when using the OOHLALA Mobile Services to publish updates to Twitter, Facebook, etc.) in accordance with your privacy settings.
- Location information: To provide the OOHLALA Mobile Services, we derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you used to register. This location tracking of your mobile device may occur even when the OOHLALA mobile applications are not actively open and running in the foreground, but your location is displayed and shared with others only in accordance with your privacy settings.
- Cookies, persistent file information: When you use the OOHLALA Mobile Services, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. OOHLALA Mobile may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your web browser and may be used by us during your subsequent visits to the OOHLALA Mobile Web site. Persistent cookies set by the OOHLALA Mobile Web site can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- Log file information: When you use the OOHLALA Mobile Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your usage. These server logs may include information such as a mobile device identification number and device identifier, web requests, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, search terms, ratings, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, features used in the OOHLALA mobile applications, the number of messages and friend requests related to your profile, the amount of time spent on particular screens, the dates and times of your requests, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Invite-a-friend information: If you choose to use our invite-a-friend feature, then OOHLALA Mobile may ask you for your friend's mobile phone number or email address. If you provide a friend's mobile phone number, then OOHLALA Mobile will automatically send to that friend a one-time text message inviting your friend to join the OOHLALA Mobile Service and to add you as their friend. If your friend's phone number is on a wireless provider or mobile device that is not supported, then your friend will not receive this text message until their wireless provider or mobile device supports the OOHLALA Mobile Services. If you provide a friend's email address, then OOHLALA Mobile will automatically send that friend a one-time email inviting your friend to register on the OOHLALA Mobile website. Your friend may contact OOHLALA Mobile at [email protected] to request that OOHLALA Mobile remove this information from our systems.
How we use your information
We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
A personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service (including your location information and User Content) becomes available to the public. OOHLALA Mobile is not responsible for the personally identifiable, profile, or location information that you choose to disclose publicly on the Service. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
When you have the OOHLALA Mobile Software running on your mobile phone, OOHLALA Mobile shows your phone's current geo-location to your selected OOHLALA Mobile friends, as controlled by your privacy settings.
By providing OOHLALA Mobile your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address or mobile phone number to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your Profile page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages and our responses.
OOHLALA Mobile may use certain information about you and/or your User Content without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, providing analytics, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
How we share your information
OOHLALA Mobile does not share your personally identifiable information or personally-identifiable location information with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your express consent or unless you have opted-in to be part of a specific program or feature. We cannot control third parties' use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with such a third party, you can choose not to participate in such programs or features. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Non-personally identifiable information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain OOHLALA Mobile services.
How we protect your information
OOHLALA Mobile uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to OOHLALA Mobile and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, OOHLALA Mobile makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from OOHLALA Mobile, at all times.
Compromise of personal information
Our commitment to children's privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, OOHLALA Mobile does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the OOHLALA Mobile Services from persons under 14 years-of-age, and no part of OOHLALA Mobile Services is directed to persons under 14. IF YOU ARE UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE OOHLALA MOBILE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If OOHLALA Mobile learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 14-years-of-age has been collected on the OOHLALA Mobile Services without verifiable parental consent, then OOHLALA Mobile will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 14 has obtained OOHLALA Mobile Services account, then you may alert OOHLALA Mobile at [email protected] and request that OOHLALA Mobile delete that child's personal information from our systems.
The OOHLALA Mobile Services are hosted in US & Canada and are intended for North American visitors. If you are using the OOHLALA Mobile Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Canadian law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to Canada and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.